As the healthcare industry changes – patients are being asked to pay more of their healthcare cost through high deductible plans that include significant co-pay and co-insurance requirements. Providers’ liability to collect is growing exponentially, which leads them to look for ways to manage this emerging revenue risk.
As a leader in patient engagement platforms, Allscripts announced self-pay capability as part of its patient engagement strategy – Allscripts FollowMyHealth. Allscripts Payerpath family of solutions powers this new benefit to offer a simplified online payment option from the same access point where patients engage with their healthcare information and care providers.
Patient benefits include:
- Greater convenience – Patients can make online payments and see all their healthcare information in one place.
- Streamlined processes – Patients can securely interact with their healthcare organization 24/7 from a single access point.
Provider benefits include:
- Reduced costs – Eliminate the hassle and costs associated with paper-based payments.
- Timely payment – With a greater proportion of revenue coming directly from patients, healthcare organizations must ensure payment options are consumer-friendly, convenient and accessible.
- Reduced demand on internal resources – Allscripts cloud-based architecture ensures rapid deployment and places minimal demands on internal IT resources, regardless of the electronic health record (EHR) deployed at the practice.
“We looked for a simple, cost effective solution and found one that works,” said The Family Doctors Administrator, Lisa Britt, CMPE, located in Shreveport, La., U.S.A. “Many patients sit down to pay bills over the weekend. With web access, patients can pay the bill online while we are closed, and we process it first thing on Monday morning.”
Forty-four Allscripts clients across the United States use this new capability in the FollowMyHealth patient engagement platform.
“Providers should empower patients with simple-to-use options for engaging with their healthcare information and payment information in one place,” said Allscripts Senior Vice President and General Manager, Payer & Life Sciences Business, Faisal Mushtaq. “Leveraging the type of payment experiences patients are used to can help providers receive funds more quickly.”