Microsoft and Predixion Software announce partnership to bring predictive analytics at the point of care to Asia Pacific healthcare
Microsoft Services and Predixion Software announced that the two companies will bring Predixion’s healthcare solutions – Preventable Readmission and Length of Stay Management – to Asia Pacific, with Microsoft Services as the lead systems integrator.
The partnership will offer healthcare customers in the region greater predictive capabilities and access to critical data insights to deliver better healthcare outcomes in hospitals and healthcare establishments in Asia Pacific. The solutions will be available in the following Asia Pacific markets – Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines.
“There is a greater demand for innovative solutions to meet the increasing needs and expectations of patients, while managing limited resources efficiently”, said David Vander, General Manager, Microsoft Asia Pacific Services. “With Predixion’s proven innovative solutions and Microsoft Services’ systems integration expertise, we aim to reimagine the healthcare industry in Asia Pacific and build the foundation for predictive healthcare.”
Asia Pacific patients can re-imagine productivity with partnership and achieve more
Preventable hospital admissions are a significant but avoidable cost to hospitals globally. In the United States, over 32 percent of hospitals have experienced an increase in penalties from FY’13 or FY’14. With predictive analytics, hospitals can analyze data such as clinical claims and demographic information to predict a patient’s risk of readmission, which allows healthcare workers to implement patient-specific intervention before they are discharged.
Another major challenge faced by the industry is the management of length of stay. In the United States, more than one third of inpatient days are avoidable, which results in loss of workforce productivity. By feeding hospital and patient data into a predictive model built on its cloud-based platform, Predixion Insight, hospitals can predict which patients are at risk for an extended length of stay before it happens. This allows healthcare workers to take proactive measures to prevent the identified patients from unnecessary inpatient days, and improve hospital resource management.
“We are excited to partner with Microsoft to enable healthcare workers in Asia Pacific to use the power of predictive analytics to improve decisions and outcomes on a daily basis. Our solutions empower end-users by presenting real-time risk scores and interventions in a clear and simple-to-use interface with real-time actionable insights,” said Nish Hartman, Director of Healthcare, Predixion Software.
Key features of Predixion’s solutions:
- Right-timed feedback. The solutions will provide real-time risk assessments of the patient to ensure that action can be taken at the right time.
- Individualized patient care. Local data is analyzed to derive high levels of accuracy for individual patients, rather than at an aggregate level, allowing end-users to implement the right level of personalized action for the patient.
- Actionable insights. The solution not only identifies what the risks are, but also the causes, so that end-users can take action on the insights.
- “Deploy anywhere” flexibility. The predictive model that is built on Predixion’s predictive analytics platform, Predixion Insight, can be embedded into existing business intelligence (BI) tools and dashboards, transactional applications, cloud services or even directly on to devices, machines or in complex event processing (CEP) systems.
- Deployment expertise on Microsoft technology stack. Microsoft Services is the lead systems integrator for the partnership, and will provide end-to-end deployment services for Predixion’s healthcare solutions to ensure that customers obtain the best level of support.
One healthcare system that has implemented this solution is Carolinas HealthCare System, an Integrated Delivery Network in the United States, which is one of the largest nonprofit healthcare providers in the country. Carolinas HealthCare System partnered with Predixion and Microsoft to develop a robust readmission prediction solution which is now live in 13 hospitals and used by more than 200 case managers to intervene on more than 100,000 patients. Using predictive analytics to identify high-risks cases has reduced unnecessary hospital readmissions and improved the productivity of the nurses and case managers. In a recent peer review, Carolinas HealthCare System found the accuracy of the model to be one of the highest in the industry for readmissions.
More information on Microsoft Services can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftservices/default.aspx
More information about Predixion’s healthcare solutions can be found athttps://www.predixionsoftware.com/Solutions/Healthcare
Asia Pacific, Carolinas HealthCare System, CEP, complex event processing, Microsoft, point-of-care, Predixion, Predixion Insight, Preventable Readmission and Length of Stay Management, reducing readmissions