The Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC), a non-profit standards development organization and accrediting body for organizations that electronically exchange healthcare data, announced today the adoption of final 2016 criteria versions for 16 enhanced accreditation programs, as well as the two new accreditation programs. Applicant candidates commencing the accreditation process in 2016 will adhere to these updated criteria versions for their accreditation and/or re-accreditation.
Following the standard, 60-day public comment period, EHNAC’s criteria committee has incorporated public feedback to finalize and adopt the enhanced and final criteria versions for the following accreditation programs:
- ACOAP – Accountable Care Organization Accreditation Program (V1.1)
- Cloud Enabled Accreditation Program1 (V1.0) – NEW
- DRAP – Data Registry Accreditation Program (V1.0) – NEW
- DTAAP-CA – Direct Trusted Agent Accreditation Program for Certificate Authorities (V1.3)
- DTAAP-HISP – Direct Trusted Agent Accreditation Program for Health Information Service Providers (V1.3)
- DTAAP-RA – Direct Trusted Agent Accreditation Program for Registration Authorities (V1.3)
- ePAP-EHN – e-Prescribing Accreditation Program (V6.8)
- EPCSCP-Pharmacy – Electronic Prescription of Controlled Substances Certification Program – Pharmacy Vendor (V1.4)
- EPCSCP-Prescribing – Electronic Prescription of Controlled Substances Certification Program – Prescribing Vendor (V1.4)
- FSAP-EHN – Financial Services Accreditation Program for Electronic Health Networks (V2.8)
- FSAP-Lockbox – Financial Services Accreditation Program for Lockbox Services (V2.8)
- HIEAP – Health Information Exchange Accreditation Program (V1.7)
- HNAP-EHN – Healthcare Network Accreditation Program for Electronic Health Networks [Includes Payer] (V10.8)
- HNAP-Medical Biller – Healthcare Network Accreditation Program for Medical Billers (V1.7)
- HNAP-TPA – Healthcare Network Accreditation Program for Third Party Administrators (V1.7)
- MSOAP – Management Service Organization Accreditation Program (V1.6)
- OSAP – Outsourced Services Accreditation Program2 (V1.9)
- PMSAP – Practice Management System Accreditation Program (V1.1)
The EHNAC criteria for each of its accreditation programs sets the foundational requirements for measuring an organization’s ability to meet federal and state healthcare reform mandates such as HIPAA, Omnibus, ARRA/HITECH, ACA and other mandates for covered entities and business associates focusing on the areas of privacy, security, confidentiality, best practices, procedures and assets.
Visit www.ehnac.org for more details or to review the latest EHNAC criteria versions in full detail.
1The Cloud Enabled Accreditation Program is provided only as an add-on program for organizations that have applied for another program. The Cloud Service Provider (CSP) must be FedRAMP-certified, and an additional site visit day is required for reviewing the details of this program.
2OSAP includes eleven different accreditation programs tailored for Call Centers; Data Centers; DRP Facilities; Health Information Exchanges, Accountable Care Organizations and Cloud Technology Service Providers; Media Storage; Network Administrators; Printing; Product Development; and Scanning.